I screamed so loudly out of excitement over an email I received yesterday that I woke up today and had lost my voice. What did I scream about exactly? It’s because after receiving several no’s, I finally received an offer from a traditional publisher for my book! It certainly was a good feeling to have that experience after months of waiting to hear back from all the proposals I mailed out in January. 

Good feelings aside, we are turning this offer down because after reading through the contract it honestly isn’t a good business decision. I’m grateful for the offer and vote of confidence in the material, but there’s another publishing route that makes more sense in the long run. I’ve committed to the team who is supporting me to wait until after my graduation on April 30th to make decisions on the next steps regarding publication, so that’s what I’m going to do. 

In the meantime, I’m holding on to my word of the year and trusting God to reveal the next, best step for bringing my baby to life.